VLC Photonics is glad to announce a new vacancy as R&D Project Manager!
• Experience in photonic integration technology and its ecosystem.
• High level of English (fluent C1 minimum). Having lived abroad will be highly valued. English interview.
• Experience in proposal preparation and project management and justification, know-how on R&D national and EU public funding programs (e.g. H2020).
• Availability for international travelling.
• Very pro-active, versatile character.
• Organized, capable to deal with many tasks and hard deadlines.
• Good networking and communication skills.
• Microsoft Office medium-advanced knowledge.
• Photonic integrated circuit (PIC) design skills (Synopsys, Photon Design, IPKISS/Luceda, VPI, KLayout, etc.)
• Python scripting knowledge.
• Practical experience in a photonic laboratory, measurement equipment and tools, PIC characterization and test skills.
• PIC fabrication/packaging knowledge.
• Any other extra language (e.g. French, German, Dutch, Chinese, Russian, Japanese). Spanish not strictly needed but recommended.
• Ambition for growth and team building.
POSITION RELATED TASKS
• Review of technical activities in the field of photonic integration: design, characterization, foundry and packager brokerage.
• Supervision of tasks performed by technical personnel.
• Techno-economic preparation of national and international R&D proposals.
• R&D project management: teleconferences and meetings, reporting, auditing.
• Support to other internal R&D activities and customer projects as required.
Find out more here! and send us an email to careers(at)vlcphotonics.com