Backed through our years-long expertise on optical systems and photonic integration technology, VLC Photonics can provide both component and system-level engineering services to help on the exploration of photonic integration for a specific application or field.
VLC Photonics can support you at the initial R&D phases with a feasibility evaluation for integrating a given optical system. This includes:
- Specifications definition and review
- Exploration of technology platforms: Silicon photonics (SOI, SiN, SiO2/PLC), III-V materials (InP, GaAs, etc.), polymers, etc.
- Foundry and packager selection
- Preliminary modelling, simulation and floor-planning of the proposed implementation
Most importantly, VLC Photonics can support on the more business oriented techno-economic evaluation. This includes:
- Cost estimation of every stage for prototyping, engineering/pilot production, and volume production
- Iteration cycle planning and timing
- Intellectual property (IP) evaluation from a technical perspective
- Identification of design and test challenges when scaling up