As an independent solution provider, VLC Photonics works with many packaging companies, each of them providing different services and capabilities. The range of options includes:
· Eutectic or epoxy die bonding.
· Thermal control.
· DC and RF connections, RF routing design.
· Micro optic components (lenses, circulators, etc.).
· Wirebonding, ribbon bonding and flip-chip.
· PCB and ceramic subcarrier design.
· Alignment and bonding to standard single-mode fiber, fiber arrays, specialty fibers.
· Standard and custom housing, hermetic packages.
· External electronics (TIAs, drivers, etc.).
PIC Test Assemblies
VLC Photonics offers in-house standard and custom demo PIC test assemblies and chip-on-carrier/board for easy functional testing purposes. Those PIC test assemblies can include:
- PIC bonding into PCB or ceramic carriers with DC and RF operation
- Fiber array pig-tailing
- Electrical wire-bonding & flip-chip
- Thermal management