As an independent solution provider, VLC Photonics works with many packaging companies, each of them providing different services and capabilities. The range of options includes:
– Eutectic or epoxy die bonding.
– Thermal control.
– DC and RF connections, RF routing design.
– Micro optic components (lenses, circulators, etc.).
– Wirebonding, ribbon bonding and flip-chip.
– PCB and ceramic subcarrier design and procurement.
– Alignment and bonding to standard single-mode fiber, fiber arrays, specialty fibers.
– Standard and custom housing, hermetic packages.
– External electronics (TIAs, drivers, etc.).
Additionally, if required, PICs can also be assembled, and connectorized electrically and optically in-house at VLC Photonics.