As an independent solution provider, VLC Photonics works with many packaging companies, each of them providing different services and capabilities. The range of options includes:
- -eutectic or epoxy die bonding,
- -thermal control,
- -DC and RF connections, RF routing design,
- -micro optic components (lenses, circulators, isolators, etc.),
- -wirebonding, ribbon bonding and flip-chip,
- -PCB and ceramic subcarrier design and procurement,
- – alignment and bonding to standard single-mode fiber, fiber arrays, specialty fibers,
- -standard and custom housing, hermetic packages,
- -external electronics (TIAs, drivers, etc.).
Additionally, if required, PICs can also be assembled, and connectorized electrically and optically in-house at VLC Photonics.